As the year comes to an end and a New Year draws close, you have a great opportunity to pause and evaluate where you are in life. Are you where you want to be in your spiritual walk, relationships, professional life and self care?
To assist you in answering this question, I have pulled together some prompts to reflect on 2019 and look forward to 2020. Grab a journal and a pen, or speak out the answers to affirm where you are.
Let’s get started…
Reflecting over 2019
- Three best moments
- Three most difficult moments
- Three small but important decisions made
- Name someone or something you had to walk away from
- Name someone who was important to your growth
- Scripture verse or passage that you connected with during the year
Looking forward into 2020
- Name one physical thing you know you can do to better your life
- Name one thing you know you can do to better your mental health
- Name one thing you know you can do to better your spiritual life
- Think of a person you can reach out to in friendship, whether to make amends or to encourage
- What is something you anticipate occurring during the coming year that you can plan well for?
- How will you incorporate Scripture into your daily life?
Taking 30 minutes to think through and pray over these prompts will help you better understand the bigger picture of where your life is after 2019 and how you can prepare for a great 2020.
God will honor the thoughtful evaluation of where you are and how you can better yourself moving forward, and you will be encouraged by the exercise.
Happy New Year!