HELP ME PLEASE!
I want to know if you all agree with this list. Just a quick response of yes or no…and why, if you feel like writing more….would be fabulous! THANKS MUCH!
Busters (what the twenty-something generation is called by research companies) will:
1. Attend churches that have a clear focus, narrowly defined vision, and assertive commitment to accomplish their mission.
2. Attend churches where worship services are shorter, well designed, and have good flow and tempo.
3. Attend churches that have a loud, upbeat, faster pop music sound.
4. Attend churches that win their loyalty every Sunday through excellent ministry.
5. Attend churches that focus on local ministry rather than on ministry in faraway places.
6. Give money to churches where they can see their money achieving results.
7. Volunteer for ministry activities that are short-term.
8. Volunteer and minister to confront practical issues in their community.
9. Attend churches that help them sort out the hurts in their lives through practical issues in their community.
10. Come to Christ through need-based ministries that deal with the hurts and internal issues they are facing.
—Adapted from Make Room for the Boom…or Bust by Gary L. McIntosh (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1997) 46. Used by permission.